Monday, 10 June 2013

A lovely day at the My Little Vintage Fair at Wellingborough's Nene Court.

Firstly I must apologise for the lateness of my report on the My Little Vintage Spring Fair (held on May 18th) at Nene Court Shopping Village in Wellingborough. This is in no way a sign of lack of enthusiasm for the event -we had a lovely time!!


I had never been to Nene Court Shopping Village before, and do not know Wellngborough very well, but I needn't have been concerned as the shopping village was easy to find and there was lots of parking available. Even arriving in the middle of the day at what was obviously a popular event, we managed to get a parking spot.


I will admit to a moment of confusion as I walked into the Shopping Village. It is a large open courtyard surrounded by shop units (lots of interesting shops to have a look around, and worth a visit in its own right). But I guess I am used to Vintage Fairs being housed in one building, as my initial reaction was "okay, this looks very interesting, but exactly where is the fair being held?!" As we wandered into the courtyard however, I saw a large sign for Silver Fox Vintage and quickly realised that the Vintage Fair was spread out all over the Shopping Village. As well as occupying several shop units, there were also 2 marquees housing more stalls, and there were even stalls set up in these wooden garden houses:


It was a fine day and we enjoyed having a leisurely wander around and chat with some of the stall holders. There was a nice fun-day atmosphere, with lots of families around and everyone was clearly having a good time. After a nice look around we stopped for a cup of tea and cake in the Shopping Village's lovely Pump Room CafĂ©, where we realised we could have also had a nice lunch had we not already eaten. There was a really nice menu and prices were good, so this is worth bearing in mind for future fairs there.


There were some really good stalls at the fair, and a nice mixture of goodies available. I always go straight to the vintage fashion stalls first of course! It was nice to see my friends at Silver Fox Vintage again, and I admired these gorgeous vintage dresses:


Dulcie Britain was also there with her lovely selection of clothes and accessories; and I had to restrain myself from buying a dark GREEN crocodile handbag from Antoinette's Vintage. Among lots of other fab vintage, antique, collectables and craft/handmade stalls (too many to list them all!) some beautiful handmade cards from Clover Hearts and Flowers caught my eye, and I admired NiftyShades' pretty things: I don't need a lampshade at present, although if I did I would know where to get one! But I loved her gorgeous handmade cats:


We were nearly ready to go home, but at the last minute I had to make a dash back to Silver Fox Vintage to try on a hat I had looked at but not bought -I'm sure we all know that horror feeling of "oh, I should have bought that, I hope it's still there"! Luckily it was, and when I put it on I decided I had to have it. A worthwhile shopping expedition I think.


The next fair run by My Little Vintage will be the Summer Fair at Bosworths Garden Centre, Burton Latimer; to be held on Sunday 30th June 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment